May 2020 – All WP-AppKit addons are now free and also available on github.
Mobile notifications are key to app’s and PWA engagement. It’s a great feature to offer to your users. It dramatically lowers the uninstall rate and keeps users returning to your app for new content. Unfortunatly, it is also a complex task to setup. The online platform OneSignal eases the process to get notifications for Android and PWA up and running. With OneSignal, you will be able to subscribe users and send Android and PWA notifications using a single tool.
OneSignal for WP-AppKit is an add-on that extends the WP-AppKit plugin to let you use OneSignal with your apps.
As for all our other add-ons, buying OneSignal for WP-AppKit will make you benefit from a year of support and updates.
- Subscribe users to notifications on Android and PWA (built with WP-AppKit).
- Send notifications to Android and PWA users using the OneSignal platform.
- Deeplink support (ie. open an article with a notification).
OneSignal for WP-AppKit is fully documented.
Please note that the current version of this add-on does not support iOS.
If you want to use the official OneSignal WordPress plugin to send OneSignal notifications directly from WordPress when a post is published, please refer to the documentation.
Installation And Requirements
- OneSignal for WP-AppKit is an add-on for WP-AppKit. To use it, you need to install the WP-AppKit WordPress plugin which is free and available on wordpress.org.
- OneSignal is an online advanced free platform to send and manage mobile notifications.
- Please note that you will have to configure notifications for Android using your developer account (see documentation).
- Notifications are sent using the OneSignal online interface.